We provide skillful, sensitive counsel regarding the necessity of probate or the availability of a probate alternative, guide fiduciaries through estate administrations, and advise beneficiaries and heirs regarding their rights in an estate. We also offer limited engagements with other law firms who need assistance with complex estate administration and the preparation of estate tax returns. Visit our Resources section for more information about Probate & Estate Administration.
Some of our services include:
- Heirship proceedings and administrations when there is no will
- Assisting with the administration of a decedent’s funded trust
- Probating a decedent’s will and having an executor appointed
- Probating the decedent’s will as a muniment of title only
- Proceeding with a probate alternative such as:
- Affidavit of Heirship
- Small Estate Affidavit
- Preparing estate tax returns
Our services include guidance through the administration process such as determining assets and liabilities of the estate, dealing with creditors, and transferring title to the appropriate heirs or beneficiaries.